Sunday, February 17, 2013

Haha happy Valentine's Day - February 11, 2013


Boy. Now I have to watch people being all romantic whereas last year I was in the MTC hahahaha.
Haha Dad that is so sad you won't be able to work from home anymore! :( I know Hannah will be devastated. But I echo Elder Parks's question: Do we all get Corvettes now? LOL jokes.
The baptisms went great! A ton of ward members showed up which always makes a huge difference. Their confirmations were beautiful.
We didn't have very many lessons this week. Mostly because many cancelled and we were having trouble motivating ourselves to set more appointments. I know! We've both been out a year and we're so lazy! We're working on it. We have zone conference this week which should be AWESOME. I'm playing the piano for our musical number Mom haha because apparently I guess it's too awkward for just one sister to sing with a bunch of elders. Sounds weird. Oh and zone conference just means it's like multiple stakes of missionaries meeting and the assistants to the president conduct the meeting. So President and Sister Taylor will be there, and we'll get to see all the missionaries from the Deer Valley/Glendale North Stake. Yay for more sisters! We got one sister (I think a Hermana) in a week ago and are getting 5 English sisters in a couple weeks for the next transfer! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!
So funny story (I guess... it was mostly awkward): this weekend we were trying to track down some members of our congregation that we don't know. The address for the apartment we had seemed incorrect, but we thought we'd try it anyway. Well we go knocking on this door under the balcony of these two older guys (like 60s) who are having a nice conversation. They point out to us that we have the wrong place and so we start chatting, and I finally invite them to come to church. The older gentleman (with white hair and a beard) calmly tells me that he'll come to church if I'll go out with him... yeah. We walked away pretty quickly after that. One of these days (when I'm not a missionary), a guy will flirt with me who won't be over 60 or drunk. It'll be great. I think. I'm not quite sure because it's really weird to think about. Anyway. Digressing.
After weeks of not meeting with Charles, we finally met with him again this week. He said he would pray! That was nice.
Okay sorry but I spent a huge amount of time emailing President this week. Ugh I'm the worst. ONE DAY it'll be great. Maybe I should just start forwarding you what I send to President Taylor. That would be funny.
LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING AND HELPING ME BE A MISSIONARY.
Love, Sister Parks



Neyo arrived really late to the baptism so we had to take a picture with him afterward.
And I love my bike helmet and am mad at my hair.
Ah. First world problems...







No comments:

Post a Comment