Tuesday, September 25, 2012

THANKS!!!!!!!!! - it's short Elder Parks - maybe you can read it! - September 18, 2012


What a great week! A great week indeed! Letter from Lizzie, email from Kyle, package from Taylor.
Oh and I'm being transferred. That I wouldn't include in my great week moment. I think I've been in a state of shock for the past 8 weeks. This just adds to it. Hermana Garcia is staying, and we have no idea what will be happening to our area.
Hermana Graves left for the mission home yesterday and flew home today. We have 24 new missionaries coming in today and will be in a LONG transfer meeting tomorrow as we'll get to meet all of them haha. Finally some English sisters coming in! 3 of them! We're happy to have them. And thankfully I am not training. I hope my time in Glendale has not made me look like a failure.
These are pictures essentially from like the last 4 weeks from Hermana Garcia's camera and mine. This one day we all accidentally walked out in salmon hahaha. And we stayed like that all day hahahahahahahaha. Oh wow. Missionary jokes. Wow it was funny though. And then it was over 100 again (it actually gets down into like the 80s at night sometimes!) and so Hermana Garcia thought she might try cracking an egg and frying it in a parking lot. It didn't work... But it was still pretty funny.
Okay so I only have like 13 minutes left aaaahhhhh - I spent too long writing President, looking at pictures, and watching the newest Bible Video. Wowsah.
But last night we only had Spanish appointments and Hermana Garcia was SO nervous to be by herself. So we were praying really hard that I would have the gift of tongues. It was a really good night! Hermana Garcia and I have struggled a little bit in getting along - she is very strong and bold and I'm not and then she and Hermana Graves got along ridiculously well. Anyway but we prayed a lot and went into our lessons and I understood so much! It kind of was a miracle. Hard to explain I guess. But it was actually really amazing. And so I got to be like nodding along and contributing and Hermana Garcia wasn't having to explain things to me in English. Not that I understood every word, but I got the gist of it! It was so great. A nice finish to my time as Hermana Parks.
We've been teaching a man named Jason who was a "devout Atheist" when we met him a few weeks ago. We've finally be able to start teaching him the past couple of weeks, and as we left a lesson Sunday he said, "well, it looks like I'm an agnostic now because I keep letting you come back" hahaha. It was so great. I'll miss him. He really did feel the Spirit but just didn't recognize it. The plan of salvation really hit some tender spots with him.
Well 6 minutes left. I'll probably be able to send a short email tomorrow with my tire measurements and OH YEAH where I'm being transferred to. Today is going to be crazy.
HEY FAMILY I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH. THANK YOU FOR THE EMAILS AND FOR THE PRAYERS AND FOR LOVING ME NO MATTER WHAT. You have no idea how much that means to me.
Love love love love love love love love
Sister/Hermana Parks
P.S. hahahahaha Lizzie told me that Shealyn Moon (who is serving Spanish speaking in Virginia) calls herself Hermana Luna now hahahahahaha I LOVE HER
P. P. S. Well if my email on the 27th didn't alarm and depress you, this email will just make you think I'm CRAAAZZZZYYY. Yeah transfers tomorrow will be a rollercoaster of emotion. Per usual.
P. P. P. S. LOVE Y'ALL!









No comments:

Post a Comment