Thursday, July 26, 2012

Just another great week in Prescott! - July 23, 2012


I can't believe it's already week 5 of the 6-week transfer. Sister Falke goes home in 4 weeks and I am NOT HAPPY. I have no idea what's going to happen when she leaves because it's in the middle of a transfer. I'm a little scared that I'm going to be left here in Prescott with Sister Culler which I honestly don't know if I'll be able to handle. I'm terrified to be in a regular two-missionary companionship. But I'm doing better. I'm slowly developing the ability to be a better missionary and a better companion. Being a senior companion would be an interesting experience for sure, but I don't feel ready to be a leader here in Prescott yet. Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! It's okay. I have 4 weeks to improve myself without thinking too much about it.
Thank you for the emails this week! I'm excited to hear about how Girls Camp went for Hannah. We were super depressed when we couldn't talk our leaders into letting us go to Girls Camp here in Prescott haha. It's the best!
We're being really blessed to be working with some great people here in Prescott right now. The work has just blossomed in our district, so we're all searching out anxiously what we changed and why it's happening so we can continue helping our wards to grow. There's still a whole lot of work to be done.
Our district (so Elders Brame, Bartleson, Dunn, Jones) and then the Spanish elders (Jones and Arias) went and participated in a stake service project at 6 in the morning this past Saturday (yum). We painted a skate park and then helped lay down dirt in this huge playground right next to it. My back hurt so bad but it was so worth it. And I can't believe how many people showed up. It was wonderful. And then the elders came over to our place and helped us move all our furniture downstairs and into our room now that the floors are in place. It was great going home to our real apartment instead of the upstairs living room which was honestly a bit distracting. We're happy to have our own space again.
We're supposedly having a mandatory zone activity today that has something to do with nerf guns...  We'll see...
We were talking about testimonies a couple days ago in our companionship study and I was thinking about those things of my testimony that have been most consistent throughout my life and that have helped me build the rest of my testimony. I know that I had really big moments of enlightenment when I was like 14-15 reading the Book of Mormon for the first time. I really gained a strong conviction of modern prophets, Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon. But my testimony started way before that, and I finally realized what it was! I think I'd always understood the importance of families and how we can gain blessings from that. But it wasn't until I turned 12 and started attending Young Women that I started to understand that on an eternal scale. I started feeling love and companionship and this eternal importance and investment in my life and my daily actions. I felt that love all around me and was very much aware of how much God loves me as an individual. How He knows my name and my needs and wants to do everything to help me. It was so individual and yet so much bigger than that. And that conviction I've had that God loves me has really driven me in everything else that I've sought after and done in my life. It was something really exciting to understand for myself and actually pinpoint and meditate over. Bah I love TRUTH! It's beautiful really. I'm grateful for the consistency of my family in helping me to grow in all aspects of life as well - mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It has made all the difference.
Love you all so much! I love hearing about how your lives are going. Dad - those thank you cards would be a great idea :) Just if you're still thinking about it.
Take care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Sister Parks
P.S. Can you believe how long I've been out?! It's wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still so much to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment