Thursday, July 12, 2012

PHEW! - July 9, 2012


I just spent a whole lot of time writing President Taylor and then responding to all the individual emails I've neglected over the past few weeks. SO I had a whole lot to say but we'll see how much I get through before we have to leave.
Our 4th of July was pretty good. It was a normal day other than that we had to be in by 6:00 pm. I was going to take a nap but was kind of jazzed so we watched a couple church movies and then planned for the next day. Then we went upstairs on the porch and were able to see some fireworks. Pretty chill. And running into so many people at home for the holiday made me realize just how stupid alcohol is. Like really. And it makes people pretty stupid too. I say that lovingly but kind of disgusted as well. Yeah. But otherwise a totally great day! And it made me very grateful that alcohol is not in my life!
And we had a chipmunk in our apartment a few days ago. It was totally right above my bed in the window. And we spent 20 minutes trying to get it out of our apartment. It ran all over my window, desk, bed, and even on my shoe. And I didn't even get a decent picture! Crazy.
Hey Dad I unclogged my first toilet this week! Twice actually. Bam. I felt like a beast.
Oh and a couple weeks ago I finished the Book of Mormon. I'd started in the MTC and couldn't believe how long it's taken me to read it all. But I did! Ah it's so amazing. I love it. Totally true.
Is my plaque done? Can I see a picture of it?
So we had zone interviews this past week with President Taylor. Oh my gosh it's like that entire 4 hours were just for me and my interview with President Taylor was just amazing. We talked about a lot of things and he addressed so many of my concerns and then offered to give me a blessing!!! Oh my gosh I had never even dreamed that that was possible. So yeah after my interview he gave me a blessing and this huge rush of calm strength just flooded me. There are so many things I need to work on as a missionary, and it was great to be there with President and talk about these things and to get that encouragment. I actually asked him a lot of personal questions too haha which probably was weird, but hearing about his own experiences helped me to understand mine. And he of course was great. Oh wow that helped so much. I was seriously in tears the whole time but it was amazing. And then after my interview I came out and the rest of my zone was watching 17 Miracles! What?! I know. So I watched a real movie... It was weird. But really good. And we talked about the principles of faith and hope and how help will always come. It was just amazing. And we watched this great clip with talks from President Erying and Elder Holland about the Atonement and how salvation is not cheap. It really answered the questions and concerns I'd had lately about how hard missionary work is and the attitude I struggle to have every day. Ah it was just amazing. Elder Holland talked about how to truly be a disciple of Christ requires us to partake of a small token of what He suffered. For us to understand the Atonement, we need to need it. It was exactly what I needed to hear. I loved every minute. I just need to maintain this!
Okay sorry I super have to go. Bleh. One day I really will learn to balance my time on the computer.
Love all of you so much! I pray for my wonderful family all the time. I hope that you're receiving blessings from my mission as I'm receiving the blessings as well. This is such an amazing opportunity. I feel so amazed at the change I've seen in myself and hope that these changes will last!
Thanks for all the support and prayers. Your advice, news, and love is priceless to me and so necessary. Even you Matt! Actually getting your letter made me realize how much I treasure advice from a returned missionary. So... guilt trip?! Yes. Your letter was wonderful.
As are all your letters and emails! Seriously.
Okay I really have to go. Ahhhhhh LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sister Parks!

No comments:

Post a Comment