Monday, January 28, 2013

P.S. We have transfers this week - January 22, 2013


But I'm not being transferred. But like half our district is. So sad. Our district is really close. Or at least I'm under the impression that we are. But I never understand the male species so I don't know. Anyway.
What? Why do you need a big car? You do realize that you're going to be empty nesters soon right? Sorry. That was harsh.
Hahahahahaha I thought that Grandma was going to stop working. Goodness. She's so funny. I hope she enjoys New Jersey - I liked it for the limited time I was there haha.
Wow. A grand piano Mom. I'll miss the baby grand, but that'll be fun.
I'll have to mail Elder Parks the list of easy recipes our mission president's wife makes for us. It helps a lot.
Haha so I woke up at 3 in the morning on Sunday and was super sick. Turns out I got the flu! For the first time in 8 years! Man. It was brutal. I only made it through one sacrament meeting and then I had to go home. But I'm feeling loads better now. It was just funny. Sister Taylor and I had some good laughs over the phone and I finally got to sleep as long as I wanted (it was a lot) BUT the best part was yesterday my district leader and zone leaders came over to give me some Tylenol. They asked if I'd received a blessing yet which I hadn't, so they offered to give me one if I'd like one. I of course agreed. I can't remember the last time I'd been anointed with oil, so that was neat. But the blessing was the best part because the blessing mentioned you my family! It was just really special and sacred. I'll have to tell you about it some day maybe. So that was nice. Elder Scott had the flu too like the same time I did but he went out to work yesterday... don't worry I feel like a total pansy.
We have 3 investigators right now that are just on fire. It's so refreshing and beautiful to see. A Hawaiian couple and this young African boy. I think it's amazing seeing the real example of Alma's experience when he teaches the humble of the Zoramites. Humility truly is a key to greatness because humility is the key to accessing true power, strength, and capacity from God. And that's probably why it's so hard. It's a blessing to be a part of the lives of these people though. They help me to see exactly why the restored gospel is so important and how it can affect all people and more than just this one generation of time.
Sister Bruckman and I will be giving talks this Sunday about missionary work. Mine is supposed to be directed toward the youth on how missionary service has blessed my life and how it will continue to do so. Hahaha I'll try not to talk too much about Mom and Dad.
I'm really grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary. As I realized how different this transfer is (I honestly never thought I'd hit my year mark) and after I received the blessing from my zone leaders, I was able to reflect on my service and who I've become as I've been blessed to help others become too. The key is having change become permanent, and that's something that I'm working on. I know it's only possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Isn't it amazing?! God takes imperfect people like us, loves us despite our vast inadequacies and inability to always do the right thing, and helps us to truly shed those things that bring us even the remotest unhappiness if we let Him. If we let Him. And the best part is that it never ends and will keep getting better.
Our 3 investigators on date - Conrad & Lindsey and Neyo will be baptized this next month if all continues to go well. It's been such a joy teaching them, and we're looking for ways to continue to grow in our ability to seek out those that are prepared like they have been to receive the gospel.
Hey! Love y'all. Life is good. People are great. The gospel is the best.
Love, Sister Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment